Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stress

 Job Stress
If you are lucky enough to have a job during this tough economic time, you know that every now and again, your job can stress you out. I'm not going to talk about ways to deal with stress, that's best left to you to find out or a self-help book to counsel you. I just want to talk about the stress in general.
  Everyone has those days when you go to work and something happens that makes you want to pull your hair out. Undoubtedly it was started by something small and escalated by something stupid, say the wrong form was submitted or a client mouthed offed to you. Whatever the cause of your stress, you have it. You are not alone.
 I deal with it as well. Shocker, I know. :) I have a job in which I am a manger of a group home that takes care of four mentally disabled men. Its not easy, and sometimes the job can require a lot of patients but in the end, its not a horrible job. Stressful and full of moments where I wonder "Why did I take this job?"Over all the job is important and it does make a difference in someone's life. I try to remember that when I reach my boiling point.
  Its important to have someone with whom you can talk to. That's the best tip I can give you. Talk it out with someone. Ninety-nine percent of the time people just need to talk and blow off steam to someone. I try and do that. Its important not to "over burden" someone, so try and switch the person/s who you talk to about your stressful issues.
  Most likely things are rough in your life. It happens. I know that first hand, but we have to remember that home stress is not to impede your work life. Its difficult to separate your personal life from work life, the best you can do is try and hope for the best. In the end, that's all that counts. That and, that you dont get fired. Breath and talk it out. It works, trust me. Also, try and help your co-workers out, you have stressful days too. Help others and one day, you might be on the receiving end of being helped.

Family Stress
  Family is great to have, especially when you are older. However, every family has their time when you think: "What the hell is your problem?" Family can be a stress reliever and well as a stresser. You may have a neurotic mother, or stubborn father or even that uncle who just rubs you the wrong way. What ever and who ever, the stress is there.
 My family can be both a stress reliever as well as a stresser. We may not be able to pick our family, but we can pick how long we spend with them/ talk with them. (I guess I should also add that family is family and you have a attachment to them.) Mom may never listen to me because I am the "kid" and she is the "parent" and dad may ask the same question over and over again despite the amount of times I answer. Its life but its stressful.
  During the past couple of months I have been stressed out with family as well. It's part of life, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. I try and deal with it the best way I can. Its not always easy and it's never pleasant and sometimes I do lose my cool. I usually deal with family or friend stress but keeping my distance. (This works for me.) By that I mean, you take the time to figure out your problems and let me alone to deal with my life. If you have ever had a couple months where you have not heard from me (this only applies if you talk to me on a regular basis) in a while, then this might be what I am doing. It works and its easy to do. Every onces in awhile you might want to try this. But, if you see a family member stressed, try and help them out. Be nice and ask them if you can help. Might be nice if one day someone did that for you.

  Family stress and job stress sucks. Its dealing with it that's the hard part. Just know that everyone has it and the next time you encounter someone having a horrible, stressful day, try and make it easier on them. (You don't know what they are going through, then again you might not want to.) It might just be you having a horrible day sometime in the near future for any reason, wouldn't you want someone to make it easy on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment